I'm out of control. This morning when I was getting on the plane to go to Georgia I saw a little American flag on our delta airplane and I teared up. It was ridiculous. But seriously, I love America. And home.
There have been some great phrases I've heard everyday:
"When in Rome..."
"Cancel it"
"Let's get 'em"
"It's cause we're fat kids"
"I'm over it"
"Is this real life?"
"It's a hike"
"Hope I didn't oversell that one"
There are plenty more but those are the best.
I can't wait to get home and hug my mom and dad, eat waffles with crunchy peanut butter, hang out with the SSS, drink lemonade, and have Mexican food.
I've learned so much from this trip: what traveling too long can do to your sanity, that skipping through the town with a 6 year old screaming like a pterodactyl is acceptable, that being the last person out of the room means carrying Tyler's luggage around Greece, that if you get too close to the door on the bus it will come back and smack you out of the way, that Americans don't deserve verbal responses because we're apparently too retarded, gelatto really is at the bottom of the food group with at least 2 servings a day, fat kids on drugs can accomplish Rome in one day, that petting a Greek cat will give you cat fever, that every weird, hickish, or unnatural thing that happens is a direct result of me being from Elko, business visits after 15 hour flights turn into nap time, Sozur is slang for shiz in Turkey, anything orange in Turkey should be avoided at all costs(aka Sozure and Easy Jet), bus and train rides lasting longer than 2 hours turn into an psych ward, 40 single college students with a no dating policy makes for very apparent and intense sexual tension, 40 Americans dragging their luggage around Europe has become the new popular reality tv show to Asians, wi-fi makes for a good lobby party, and so much more.
More importantly I've learned that it's impossible not to love 40 people you spend 24/7 with for a month, not to judge anyone because you don't know anything and people will surprise you, how blessed I am to live in the United States of America, no matter what beautiful place you go home is where your heart is, and in the long run everything will be ok-maybe even better.
This experience has been the time of my life. I'm so grateful for it and I'll never forget any of this. We really are so blessed to live in this country and I'll never take it for granted again.
Thank you all for caring about me and reading about my life for the past month. I can't wait to see you all and tell you about it in person!
To fat kids: see you at Cafe Rio.
To Morghen: we'll always have Santorini. And Delphi. And Florence. And Bern. And Elko!! :)
To mom: please stop worrying now. I love you and I'll see you soon. :)
To study abroad: Love you all and thank you for everything.
God be with you 'til we meet again.
No comments:
Post a Comment