Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland to Zurich, Switzerland

Waking up this morning in paradise made it hard for me to realize that in another day I will be waking up in my bed at home. 
I was super sore from yesterday's hike which I love but I couldn't decide whether or not to go kayaking. I eventually sucked it up and went with Mike, Ryan, yulee, and 2 fat kids (Kelly and Morghen). We took a train to Interlaken and from there went on a walk along the river to the kayaking place. 
Morghen and I decided to kayak together. Not so successful. Our kayak really wanted us to go in the direction opposite that we wanted to go. 
It ended up being such a fun time. We paddled hard for a while and then decided we really had no where to go. So we layer in our giant life jackets in our kayak in the middle of the lake and chilled. And sang Dirt Road Anthem(song of the trip). Sitting there in the sun in the middle of the lake in the Alps at the end of the best trip was one of the most peaceful moments I've ever had. It was so beautiful all around me. 
We kayaked/didn't for 2 hours and then we walked back to Interlaken and shopped at coop. Then we took the train back to Lauterbrunnen. 
We were pretty tired so we chilled in our lobby for a while until our bus arrived. Then we all got on and drove to Zurich. We had a devotional by the directors and then we wrote down 3 things. 1: the first thing we're going to do when we get back to the states. I said flush a normal toilet. Paper and all. 2: one thing we'll never take for granted again. I said people speaking the same language as you and being able to understand what you're saying. We read those on the bus and number 3 is being saved for the reunion in september. But we had to write the funniest moment on the trip. 
So apparently the hotel we were supposed to be in forgot that we were coming an couldn't just make room for 40 people so they had to put us in a different hotel. And by different I mean a Hilton 5 star hotel. Yeah no big deal. It was pretty sweet. But I'm pretty sure the 5 star hotels in America are held at a much higher standard. It was pretty sweet though. 
A whole bunch of us crowded in Kelly and melanie's room and talked like the entire night. Then Morghen and I decided to have an herbal tea party at like 12:30. I got to room with Jessica Leavitt my last night which was great because I love her. We talked until like 1:30 and now I should be heading to bed because tomorrow it's back home. It's going to be the longest day of my life. Literally. I'll wake up at 6:30 Switzerland time get on the plane at 10, have a 10 hour flight to Georgia where it will only be 2 in the afternoon and then get on a flight at 5 to salt lake where I'll arrive at 6:39. Then it's a 4ish hour drive to Elko which means I get in at about 9 if my mom drives(a little later if my dad does). Then I'm gunna go visit my best friend, Lauren, cause I miss her which means my day ends at about 1 am. So I'm gaining 9 hours in my day tomorrow and looking at about a 33 hour day. Yeah buddy I'm gunna be tired. But it'll be SO worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment