This Morning we woke up and went to the temple near Bern. It was super pretty. Some of the older groupies went earlier and did a session but us others just took pictures outside. It was really pretty.
After everyone was done we went into this pretty little grove and had devotional. Tyler gave it and even though it had nothing to do with missionary work, it made me appreciate missionaries so much. They really do learn to love the people they serve. It's pretty incredible to see.
I walked around in the grove for a little while and took in everything. Thought about the whole trip and everything that I had experienced. It was definitely a moment.
We got back on the bus and drove to the grocery store. Which we all love. I'll totes miss coop.
Then we drove to Interlaken and went to the train station. It had the prettiest grassy area with flowers and the bluest sky with the most awesome mountains in the background. I can't wait to post the pictures!! I slept and right outside my window was a little stream that was running. I loved it.
After we ate we went to Lauterbrunnen and checked in. We had to be in 2 separate hotels because one couldn't fit us all so all the boys and 7 "lucky" girls got to stay in the "rustic" (as doctor money said) hotel. Guess who got chosen as one of the seven. This girl. Of course.
However, when we got there, our hotel was really nice. We actually ended up getting the better hotel. It's so cool because it's like a giant log cabin in the middle of the forest.
Lauterbrunnen is my favorite. It's my kinda place. Green Everywhere, goats, water running through the town, tractors driving on the road. Just so cute. I love it!!!
Speaking of love. It's my daddy's birthday today!! I love him lots and I wish I was there today. Have a great day dad. Love you and happy birthday!!!
Back on track...after we got settled in we walked through this beautiful part of town to this waterfall. We took the tram to the top which was super cool and we walked down. It was so cold but so pretty.
We walked back and sung. I miss being able to sing at the top of my lungs and music in general.
Switzerland is so expensive. Even when you convert the francs to dollars, everything here is really expensive. The cost of living is crazy but when the Swiss go on vacation I bet they go crazy because everything is comparatively cheap! But Switzerland is the safest place (next to Elko) I've ever been.
We went to the store and then came back and a whole bunch of us girls pigged out and talked. I love those nights. I'm gunna miss this :(
No comments:
Post a Comment