Alright let me set something straight. I'm not an idiot. Haha. Like how I said "chow" instead of "ciao"? I said I was in the Fat Kids Club but I didn't realize how bad it was. Haha just kidding! I was super tired. I'm not a retard. :)
Anyways, today was a great day! We had another free day which I love.
We all started out together. First stop: the Vatican. Let me just say that it's one of the coolest places I've ever been. So much beautiful architecture. Incredible paintings. By the 17th museum in 2 weeks, the sculptures and statues all start to become the same thing. But these were different. More modern. There was just something that I really loved. It made me respect and appreciate the Pope and Catholics in general more.
The Sistine Chapel is connected to all the Vatican stuff so we went there too And "wow" is about the only thing I can say. How does one man have so much patience? To paint those incredible masterpieces in just under 4 years? That's a gift from God. I can't explain it; it's just something one has to experience for themselves. I spent like almost 3 hours at the Vatican and I would do it again.
After that we headed to St. John's Basilica. It's so pretty. I didn't get to go in cause there was a two hour wait but the outside was gorgeous. Rome has fountains everywhere. It's beautiful.
We decided to take a recharge after that when I got on Facebook and took care of business. Shout out to my girl Kelsie Greenhalgh:
Hi. It's your birthday and I'm happy about that. Tell Cloyd and Bev thanks a ton for deciding to add a 3rd angel to their family. (You). I miss you a lot. You were the last family/friend I saw and it makes me miss you lots more. I can't wait to see you. Have a good day being all 19 and stuff. Let me know how it goes. Love you long time.
After the much needed break, Kelly, Morghen and I went to the bone museum. When I say bone museum I don't mean like a few small mammal bones here and there. We're talking human bones on everything. Chandeliers made out of cervical, thoracic and lumbar spinal bone. Designs on the wall from broken mandibles. There are different rooms so they have different themes but there ate friars and monks in all of them. Some of them are fully dressed, some not. Some completely decomposed and others with their skin still in tact. Laying on a bed of femurs or sitting on their pelvic bone couch. Super creepy but at the same time way cool. The last room had little kid skeletons in it and a tombstone that read something like "as we are now soon you will be also". Creepilicious. I don't know how they all died but I assumed the bubonic plague. We asked at the end of the church but the lady was more concerned with the fact that we weren't in a single file line. So we read this paper and all it said was that they were all religious and their bodies were brought here to be apart of the now "bone church". Weirrrrdd!
Then we headed to the Spanish Steps again because yesterday we stayed for like point five cause there was a concert and everyone was sitting on them. Got some pictures and then went shopping.
When shopping, I'm always more inclined to buy something when I hear American music blasting in the background. I like the clothes more when I can sing along and have a good dance with the clothes before I purchase to Katy Perry or Lady G. I know that's really stupid of me but I'm gunna be honest. It's fun and surprisingly it happens a lot.
We went back to the place we went last night where I took the picture in front of the fountain with my gelatto (in case anyone is stalking my Facebook pics really well) which I found out is called the Piazza Narvona. So pretty. One of my favorite spots for sure. Ate a little. People watched a little. Loved life a lot.
Then we shopped some more and I found the Aladdin pants I've been eagerly searching for. I love them. They're a little weird but I'm glad I found them :) good shopping day. Yay.
After lots of walking and worn out flip flops, we headed upwards the colosseum to get on the metro. Which in the meanwhile we were in some sort of movie I think. Ha.
It was really great because we figured out Rome all by ourselves. They let us loose in Rome and we did our thang. I don't mean to brag but I did most of the directing and I did a pretty darn good job. I figured out what road we needed to be on and which metro to take. We didn't get lost once. Me and my map can pretty much do anything. Call me a nerd cause I'm sure it was true today. Mega tourist. But at least we had a good day full of awesome directions :)
We got back on the metros. Which I think are the coolest and best inventions ever and decided to randomly get off wherever and do whatever. So we got off, had a lil adventure and searched for gelatto. Then back to the hotel.
I was sitting in the lobby with Kelly and Tyler walks in. He was all "I just met someone who knows you". Background: Tyler has been giving me crap this whole time. I carried his luggage along with my own and his backpack along with my own and my 2 other bags half way across Athens with me and we decided that instead of monetary payment for being a "tour guide" on this trip, I got nominated to be his personal slave. Solid. Moral of the story: Me and Tyler's relationship: he gives 5, I give 95. On a good day.
That was long background and really had almost no relevance to the story but I typed it and I'm not deleting it. Anyways!!! I didn't believe him. I thought it'd be some joke. But he was like "No it's some elder from Elko. Elder Gavin?" I was all "whaaat? Who?" he was all "Joshua Gavin" and then I realized it was Josh GaRvin!!! Tyler saw him at church here in Rome and Josh and he had a mutual friend. Me! What a freaking small world huh?? I'm still amazed right now. I wanna go say hi tomorrow. I probs will. After Pompeii! Tomorrow should be great!
As I am now, soon will you be also. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment