Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rome to Sienna to Florence, Italy

Today was one of the best days of my life. Well the ending was anyone :)
We started out with a business visit to DHL which was super dooper and then we got on our lil bus and drove to Sienna. 
I had this image in my mind of what Italy would be like and Rome wasn't exactly everything I thought it would be. Not necessarily bad just different. But sienna was what I imagined Italy to be. Beautiful brick buildings everywhere, small streets that when you look down, have something new and exciting. 
We got a tour of the town which was so different from any other little city I've been to. You can't drive to the middle of the town. You can't to walk. It's really nice actually. It makes it so relaxing and peaceful. 
Then we went to the Sienna cooking school where they cooked us the most delicious meal of my life. 
We started with brushetta Bread with some sort if mushroom stuff on top. Followed by a 4 cheese ravioli and bread. Then we had turkey with the most delicious sauce I've ever tasted along with the most delicious potatoes I've ever eaten. So good. Then we finished with a flan type deal but it was more milky and white and it was covered in fruit and fruity sauce. It was all to die for. 
It was prepared by a girl who is from BYU doing an internship here. It's a dream. Sienna is probably my favorite city I've been to so far. That's saying a lot. There's just something about it thats so different. I felt something there that I haven't anywhere else. 
Caroline (Dr. Money's daughter) and I ran through the streets of sienna after dinner holding hands and screeching like pterydactls.  I thought her how to screech and she thinks it is super funny. It was honestly some of the most fun I've had in a really long time. I love her. 
We then hopped on a bus and drove to Florence where I'll stay for 3 nights then hit Switzerland and in a week I'm back in the U.S. Where did the time go? :(
We had a 15 minute walk to our hotel with all of our stuff because like sienna, in Florence you can't drive all over. There's a point where you have to stop driving and start walking. Boy are we a sight to see. 40 Americans hauling their giant 60 pound suitcases through the streets of Florence at 10 pm. By the way, our hotel is in the middle of the downtown area of Florence. It's pretty funny I must admit. We even started the  luggage olympics. It's fun stuff. 
Can I just inform you all that as I type this, I'm sitting under the Tuscan sun as it sets in the most beautiful country I've ever been to. This is such a huge blessing and I'll never forget what I've been fortunate to experience. I miss home a lot right now but it's comforting being in such a beautiful country learning about who I am and what I want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment