Hey. Remember how I said that I had a 4:45 wake up call? My little angel Morghen came a knocking at 5:28. That was a problem considering the bus was leaving at 5:30. Perfect. Not. But my room was packed and I had clothes on at 5:32. That's impressive is it not? We pulled a roller backpack girl move and ran to the bus station over bridges and such and made it there before the bus got there. Thanks hotel Al Sole for calling everyone but our room this morning. I really appreciated it. Not. Whatevs. I impressed myself.
We had to get on the bus for another "group activity" Aka surprise!! So we drive to Milan and find out that we were going to a museum. Not just any sort of museum though. Our surprise was that we were going to see the original painting of Leonardo DaVinci's Last Supper!!!!
And we did. They're super crazy about security there. They put you in one room and close you in it and then open another door for you to get out of the room. It's crazy. I promise.
We got in the room and we had this foreign lady with a really thick accent. The room with the painting also echoed a lot so it was difficult to hear and understand what she was saying. But I loved the explanation of the symbolism. It was all really cool. That was such a huge deal. It's like impossible to get tickets and it costs a ton but we did it. It was incredible.
Then we got on a bus and went to the duomo in Milan. I loved that duomo. It was my favorite so far. You aren't supposed to get pictures but I did so you'll get to enjoy he duomo as well.
Then we got McDonalds. Ok it is so freaking expensive. No dollar cheeseburgers there. But they have caramel sundaes. And they are the most delicious things in the world. 1. Gelatto 2. Those.
Then we hopped on the bus and headed to Geneva! It was crazy because we got off the bus for a potty break and it was cold. By cold I mean low 70's but I don't know what it's like to get off the bus and not start sweating to death so it was weird but refreshing.
We actually drove through France and through the 8 mile tunnel under Mt. Blanc which is on the border of France and Switzerland. That's was really pretty. From Milan to Geneva we followed the Alps and watched The Sound of Music. That was a fun experience. Who gets to do that? This girl.
It was perfect because as the Von Trapps crossed the Swiss border, so did we. For real though. Haha.
It was the most beautiful sight. I loved every second of it!
We got to Geneva and went to their festival thing. It was so cute. Fair food and rides all over. It was precious. It makes me excited for the Elko county fair!!!
Then we came back to our hotel and got checked in. I'm roommates with Jessica leavitt and right now I'm sitting on my bed talking with Morghen, Andrew, and her. They're all great.
I love Switzerland. It's blowing my imagination and it's like 6 hours into the country. Tomorrow is Bern.
It's late. Can't wait to see you all!!! :)
P.s. Sorry if this doesn't make complete sense. I'm really scatter brained at this point in the trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment