Today was fun! As if every other day hasn't been. We ate some breakfast and then took our 30 minute walk to our bus. Yay.
We headed off to Pisa! We got there and took the typical leaning tower pictures. In real life it looks way more tilted than in pictures. It's crazy what 3.3 degrees can do! We got to go in small groups up to the top. It was so weird because right when you walk in you feel like you're in a funhouse. You get all disoriented and ya start trippin and stuff. It was really fun. You have to climb the stairs all 187 feet to the top though which was not exactly fun. My calves were burning but it was really cool at the top. You look across the top from one side and the tilt is totally obvious.
We climbed/slid down the marble steps to the bottom and took some more pretty sweet pictures but totally touristy at the bottom. We shopped a little and ate. Not pizza though :(
Then we went to a business visit at this leather factory. Why they take us to these really expensive and nice leather stores is beyond me but it makes me a little depressed because I will never be able to afford any of them. I'm over it though.
It was over 100 degrees today. A little toasty. But it was kinda nice.
After our leather education we got on a bus and went to the top of Florence to take pictures and see the view. So pretty!
Then I was dying of starvation and walked to the bottom to get food. I got a salad but I should have got pasta. I haven't even had spaghetti in Italy yet. That's a sin because: 1. It's Italy and 2. It's my favorite food. That needs to happen asap.
We shopped after, saw some of the beautiful city and of course finished the night with gelatto times 2. Whoops. And we walked around the town. It was really cool. Florence is a hoppin place at night.
We explored our room last night because it kinda looks like a grandma had a tornado in here and there are these creepy doors like towards the ceiling which is really really tall and of course I got voted to climb on top of all this crap and see what was behind the doors. So I do and theres a single boot, books, and one of those little baby rocking horse things that toddlers ride on. Creepy? I think so. And why in the world is it in our room??? I don't understand but whatere.
Tomorrow I'm going to O'Vesuis (or something like that) pizza place. That's where the cast of Jersey Shore worked!! I'm going to the place they lived too and maybe end the night with a little party rockin like they did too ;) but the people won't even eat at that place anymore because they hated J shore so much. I can't wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment