Blehhhh. I feel like I'm going to have a food baby. I'll explain later but let's start at the top :)
Today was a free day so I kinda slept in and then Danielle and I went on a run. It was so nice. We ran right next to the river. Such a beautiful view. We probs did like 3 miles but it felt like nothing. I forget what it's like to run at low sea level because I usually run in Utah and Elko where the elevation makes it rough to run. Being able to breathe was weird but really very nice. I love running.
I came back and showered and then had some breakfast then went to the duomo. It's one of the most beautiful if not the most beautiful building I've ever seen. It looks fake though. Its actually on the first episode of Jersey Shore. He big white building that had the dome. Hence the duomo.
Morghen and I decided that it's just Disneyland. A cardboard fake building. But it's actually real. Which is really cool.
We shopped and I got some cool stuff and then we all met up and went to the academy to see Michelangelo's David. It was my favorite sculpture thus far. And that means a lot considering the amount of museums I've been to in the past month. Back in the day, artists sculpted people physically according to the intangible characteristics they possessed. The David sculpture is David as in David and Goliath. He's a 14 year old boy but he is built. He looks much older. I really liked it.
After that we went and ate at O'Vesuvios. That's the place where Jersey Shore worked this past season. It's funny cause we walked in and the guy obviously could tell we were Americans cause he said "Oh the Jersey Shore huh?" apparently we aren't the only people with that idea. It made me really happy though. Snookie, Pauly D, the whole crew signed the wall behind the cash register and they had their own specials up on the wall. I got Vinny's special. It was really good pizza actually and we ran in to these girls from the Jersey Shore. They assured us that normal people from the shore don't act like the cast. There was also a little room by the bathroom that had permanent marker on the door that said "Snookie's bedroom. Do not enter. Enter at your own risk" I decided not to go in. That was pretty exciting.
We shopped a lot more, did some napping and then went and ate. Danielle, Morghen, Christy, Mike and I joined Chelita and Roger (the cutest couple and best chaperones ever) and went to this place that's famous for it's rigatoni pasta so of course we got that. It was so romantic which is yet again a little depressing. It was the best pasta I've ever had. That was like 3 hours ago and I'm still super full. After we ate we all sat there and told creepy stories about ghosts and scary stuff that we've encountered.
We walked back and packed and stuff and then watched Jersey shore. It was so fun watching and being like "oh we've been there" "I took a picture there today" "I rode that merry-go-round" "I walked by their house" I love it. I live Firenze (Florence).
Roommates: Harmony, Morghen and Ashley. I've already talked about the first 2. Ashely: I'm pretty sure she graduates this year. She's super chill and funny. She works with computers and stuff I think so she knows all the hook ups for everything. She likes peach juice which I do also. She's great. Everyone is great.
I can't believe the time had all flown by. I've almost gotten used to living this dream and seeing incredible things everyday. What am I going to do when I have to go back to Elko and the most exciting thing to see there is walmart on black Friday? What a blessing this dream is.
I'm so full still. I want to die. In a good way.
P.s. I totes got gelatto too. Of course :)
No comments:
Post a Comment