Ok let me just say that people in turkey drive like crazy people. They all drive like they have to get their dying grandmother to the hospital. Seriously. They just drive up and honk at you. No wait at all. you either move or get honked at again and a little nudge to get you out of the way. I'm sick if being honked at. I'm a human being!!!
Besides the suicidal driving, I love Istanbul. I'm just getting used to it all and we're leaving tomorrow :( I feel like I'll be experiencing a lot of heart break in the next month.
My roommate's name is Jessica. She's 22 and from las Vegas. She's an accounting major and I really like her. She's super sweet. There are actually 2 girls from Vegas named Jessica and one from Summerland (Kim)! I'll get a new roommate tomorrow night when we are in Kusadasi.
Today was exhausting. We started out at some mosque. I think the blue one? Haha. We had to be all covered up though. And it was way hot so I was sweating to death but whatere it was a good experience. P.s. These pictures are going to look very rough.
Then we walked to this underground aqueduct which was cool. Literally thank goodness. I don't know how many watch the bachellorette but when Aly was it, her and frank went on a date there. It was so beautiful. Then we went to another palace on the Mediterranean that had an 86 karat diamond. Oh by the way, that's what I want for my ring. No big deal.
We went to this museum next that was some artifact museum or something. Idk. By that point I wanted a couch and air conditioning. Finally we ended with this rug shop which was totally cool. Turkey is known for its rugs and we got to see first hand how they're made. It takes typically 2 years for a weaver to make one rug. Crazy but beautiful. They also helped us celebrate one of the girls birthdays in our group, Sandra. We got cake and apple tea. The apple tea is super good!
Speaking of super good, breakfast here is the best. So strange though. We have like cheese and meat, Greek yogurt(which I've fallen in love with), Turkish cereal(like co co puffs and frosted flakes), fruit, eggs, honeycomb, and TONS of bread. It's so good. And filling!
Then I went to the grand bazaar. It's insane. There are over 4,300 stores in there and twice as many people. It's overwhelming but totally awesome.
Did you know that turkey is the number 2 tourist area for Americans? Behind Paris. I'm not sure if I believe that though. I have yet to see more than a handful of americans. Apparently we missed the American hideout spot.
I'm gunna go swim and soak up the mediterranean sun! Love y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment