Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Istanbul, Turkey

Merhaba!! (hello)
I am so freaking tired. But I committed to this blog an I can't quit the first day. I woke up at 4:00 Monday morning Provo time and have been awake since then. It's now tuesday and 9:30 in Istanbul. Needless to say, I'm one tired girl. But Istanbul is beautiful. Today we went to the Hagia Sophia and the blue mosque. It was really pretty. It's incredible that some of the buildings here are still standing and tourable after all this time. This city is unlike anything else I've ever seen. Ancient on one side and modern not too far away. I also went to the Grand Bazaar. It was nuts. There are people on every side of you throwing scarves on your body and spraying you with perfume, telling you how you would make a beautiful wife for their son. These guys don't take "no" for an answer. I just play dumb like I don't know English. Throw out a "no habla englais" every once in a while. No wonder these people think Americans are stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment