Saturday, July 23, 2011

Kusadasi, Turkey

I forgot one of the best parts of yesterday!! We went to this leather fashion show. I expected it to be similar to the carpet show but this was so much more legit. It had real models and American music to walk to. It was a private show and they chose people from the audience to model too. My roommate from the other night, Jessica, wad one of them and Ryan, my chicken partner was the other one. It was hilarious. I was crying from laughter. 
Something else I've been meaning to say...Brother Money, our director, has a son that just got back from his mission last Friday and his name is McKay. He is the funniest thing I've ever met. He is so Fresh!! He still calls everyone brother and sister. He goes up to every new tour guide we have, asks their name and their religion then proceeds to the first discussion. It's the funniest and most awkward thing to watch. He cannot carry on a normal conversation. I love it. 
Speaking of normal conversation...gas is $8.00 a gallon!!! I saw the price at first and it said 3.65. I was all "Wow" but then I realized it was in lira(which is less than the dollar) and it was in liters. So it ended up being $8.00 a gallon. Insane huh?
This morning we started out by touring Ephesus. It was way cool. I was expecting it to just be like one little stadium thing but it was like a whole city! It took us a good 2 hours to get through it all but it was sweet. And super hot. It's so humid here. After Ephesus we went to the national park. It's kinda like lamoille-all campy and treeful but it goes from like south American rain forest (minus the rain) to the most beautiful clear blue ocean you'll ever see. Seriously the water was SO clear. Even better than Hawaii. You could see all the way down when you were in the middle of the ocean. It's beautiful. We ate watermelon, tanned and swam for like 2 hours then we came back to our hotel and went shopping. I got a turquoise ring that's beautiful. Turquoise is a speciality in Turkey. Turquoise literally translated means "Turkish blue". Everywhere had turquoise.  Love it. We've been chilling an talking since. 
My roommate tonight and for last night as well has been Yulee. She's the sweetest girl. She's genuinely nice and caring to every person. I like her lots. She's beautiful too. But yet again, a new roommate tomorrow night.  
I'm the baby on this trip but everyone is so nice. I've totes made some new friends. And I bet they'll become even better as I spend 24/7 with them the next 3 weeks. I can't believe its already been a week. It'll be gone before I know it!!
It's my last night in Turkey! Tomorrow it's off to Patmos! I won't have service while I'm there and Monday we boat off to Santorini!! so I probs won't blog for a while but I'll post when I get the chance. I can't wait for Tuesday!! A free day in Santorini will be heaven. Love you all. Hope all is well. Peace and blessin's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment