I just got to Patmos. We woke up and took a 5 hour boat ride here. It was so great though. The water was completely calm. We probably caught like 5 ways the whole way here. The Mediterranean is the most beautiful sea ever! I can't emphasize enough how blue and clean and gorgeous it is! I'll take a billion pictures and write a thousand words but nothing will ever explain everything I've seen and experienced here.
On the way here some of the girls and myself talked to sister Money, our director's wife. She's incredible. She's a marriage counselor but more importantly she was proposed to 13 times before brother money!! You cannot tell me that's not a world record. We were asking her how she chose him out of the 13 previous bachelors and she talked to us for a while about stuff. She's an amazing woman and so wise. She really opened my eyes and made me realize what I need and what I'm looking for. You find someone who is everything you're not so you can better yourself. Some one who MAKES you a better person. Not someone who you WANT to be better for. Life is about becoming your best and finding people who help you on your quest while taking time to help others on their own journey.
Thats really deep but it's just a taste of the things I've learned on this trip. When you go out on your own, half a world away from everyone and everything you knew, you learn a lot about yourself. I wish everyone had this opportunity and I'm so grateful for it.
It's incredible how everyone on this trip can fall asleep in like 5 minutes. Let us sit down and we're out in 5. There are going to be so many pictures from the directors of us all sleeping. I took a nap on a super comfy bench on the side of the boat as the sun shone and the breeze blew through my hair. Paradise much? I think so.
So far Greece is amazing. I love Patmos. It's super chill here which is so different from Turkey. It might also be because this island that we're on is slightly larger than a rock.
Roommate time!! I'm rooming with Jessica and Jessica. One of them is the one I roomed with in Istanbul. It's funny cause they're both from Las Vegas too! There are quite a few of us from Nevada actually. The two Jessicas from Vegas, me and Todd. He's from Sparks actually. Kinda funny cause I sat next to him on for 16 hours on the plane on the way here and he knows a lot about Elko. He went to Reed and played basketball. He asked me if I knew the Klekas's and if any of the boys still played basketball. I told him there were still more to come. Another girl on this program is related to President Bohler from the East Stake and she comes to their ranch frequently. I asked her if she knew Josh but she didn't remember him. It's crazy how small this world is though. Anywho...Jessica the other roommate I haven't talked about: she knows a lot about Elko too cause I guess her dad owns an insurance company there. Leavitt insurance company? I've never heard of it but she's great too. I really doubt I'll have anything negative to write about anyone here. Everyone is so great. I can go up to anyone and feel comfortable hanging out with them. It's so nice not to be cliquey but I've never really seen it before. I recommend going on study abroad with random people. It's such a good experience.
We just got back from this Greek restaurant and they were SUPER good. I had a pita gyro. It was freaking delicious. They give you bread before your food and my food was way good. The only really Turkish food I had was a doner. It's lamb, fries and veggies. It was aight but it had next to no flavor. My gyro had lots of sauce and delicious pita. So good. And I swear I've eaten watermelon with every meal I've had since I've been here. It never gets old. They gave us some of that too. I went with 6 other people and it was only 30 euro. That's way cheap.
It was great. I just keep telling myself it's only going to get better too. Every time we get somewhere new or go to a new hotel I'm all "Is this real life?" and it totes is. I swear this is all a dream but I really enjoy this dream.
Adio! (bye)
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment