So I'm feelin real tired cause I got like 4 hours of sleep. I'm not sure if you realize how hard it is to keep your eyes open during business visits on 4 hours of sleep.
We woke up real early and visited the Parthenon. That was really cool. It was so different from what I expected. It's literally right in the middle of the city. We walked to it from our hotel. It's all ancient and stuff and desolate and then right outside the gates, there are houses as far as you can see.
The population of Athens is about 5 million. That's a lot. But only 1/3 of Istanbul. Can you even imagine what Istanbul was like?? Just think...the entire state of Utah has 3 million people. Istanbul is 6 times that. Insane huh?
The acropolis is probably my favorite ancient ruins place I've seen so far. I just really liked it. The only thing about it is that all of these ancient ruins have bren redone because earthquakes have destroyed what they actually looked like. So the Parthenon was under construction when we went there. I'm like really? The reason we come here is to be like "omg I totes went to this place and it was real; I have a picture." then we go there an there's a little dump truck 2 feet away from my picture. Not cool. Whatevs. I still liked it.
Greece really values it's students so we all get half off at museums and such but because I'm a baby(under 19), I get in free everywhere! It's really nice. It's weird being the baby. I've always been the oldest and I kinda like being a lil girl.
We got done there and got a gyro. Which is yet another obsession. I love Greek food (Greek yogurt=my fav). I'm going to miss gyros when I come home. I honestly have one like errday. Haha.
Then I went back and got all nice and dressy for business visits. I straightened my hair for the first time since I've been gone. I've been scared to try it cause the first day a lot of the girls fried their straightners cause the voltage is way stronger here. But I got over my fear and looked decent for the first time yesterday.
Then we went to eurobank, the main bank of Europe and Alba which is a MBA school. The first one of Greece. It's a cool story and I did manage to keep my eyes open...mostly. Ha.
We then went to the temple of Zeus to watch the sunset. It was gorgeous. I took some sweet pictures. Can wait for those to hit FB. Stay tuned :)
We any back to our hotel and it was 10 and some of us were starving. So Morghen, Kelly, Danielle and I hit the town. We wanted gyros to eat. Of course. So we found this place and bought some.
But here's the thing. I'm pretty sure everyone hates America. Here are some instances where I think you'd agree: 1. I'm singing Teenage Dream (which keep in mind, they play in Greece) and some small boy with an umbrella gets 2 feet away from me, points, and yells at me then walks off....what?? Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that it was illegal for Americans to sing the American songs!! ok whatever though, I got over it. But 2. We get our gyros and ask some old man if we can sit outside the restaurant where we bought our food. Danielle "Can we sit here?" this is what he does: SHH (shakes his head) and walks away. Really dude? I know you understand us and yes, we're Americans but I feel like we at least deserve words. Anyways, people hate America. I'm over it.
So we ate at out home: Starbucks. They like us there. This little gypsy girl came up to us and tried to sell us a fan and I was laughing to the point where I was crying because she was Adrianna's twin (YEEEEESS) (Marissa that ones for you). It was sad though cause she's like 7 but I couldn't help it.
We were crazy but had the best time wandering around late at night. Maybe I'm just naive but I never feel like I'm in danger so scary things for people are real fun for me. The end :)
Some things about Greece to write in the fact books: 1. There are more birds than I'd ever care to see on my life. (barf) 2. There are more dogs than birds. Which is saying a lot. They have a saying in Greece "throw a rock and you'll hit either a politician or a dog". That's no joke. They are everywhere even inside. I guess people got kicked out of their houses and had to leave their dogs behind which created tons of stray dogs and it's been the same ever since. 3. They have these symbols of blue eyes everywhere. They're called evil eyes and they're supposed to protect you from jealousy and obviously evil. So they're all over Greece and turkey. It's pretty cool. 4. I have no idea where I am at all. In Turkey, I could pretend that I could read stuff but here I can't even read the letters much less words.
K H squared out. Byeeee! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment