Friday, July 29, 2011

Santorini to Athens, Greece

It's my last day in Santorini :( I love it here. I don't think I could ever live here cause I'd get island fever but there is something so different and beautiful about Santorini that I could spend a long time here and not get sick of it. 
We woke up this morning and ate and we had another free day but we were all exhausted from our exciting day yesterday so we just wanted to chill. Eww! When we were packing, Morghen and I were sitting in our beds and she stood up and a giant cockroach crawled out from under her stuff! This was like 5 minutes after she was all "Guys, I'm surprised that I haven't seen that many bugs." it was sick. I screamed. 
We packed a little. Tanned a little (it was 90 degrees with a clear blue sky). Jammed a little. It was so nice to have a little break. No deadlines. Just livin my life. 
We went and shopped a little too. Took some pictures. It was great. Then we ended the day with some gelatto. K can I just say that the whole "gelatto is it's own food group" thing is real life? I eat gelatto at least once a day. As it's own meal. Screw dinner. Gimme some gelatto. It's the best. And of course mint chocolate chip is the best. 
We went back to the pool where we saw topless women and men in speedos. Everyone is so free here. Its disturbing. Mike and I came up with a new rule: your outfit should not punish other people. Speedos and women who don't fit the bikini rules definitely punished me. Then we chilled some more and it was time to go :( as soon as I almost know how to get back to the hotel, we leave. Boo. 
We had a 25 minute plane ride to Athens from Santorini. I sat next to Dr. Money's 7 year old daughter, Caroline, and we colored and drew pictures. I love her. She's the best. I taught her how to braid and now she's braiding everything in site. Love it!
Our tour guide met us at the airport and they all have signs that say "BYU" but this tour guides sign said "Go Utes". Boo. It was super cute though cause he's like this old man and I couldn't be mad at that. 
We got there at sunset and drove to our hotel. By then I was starving so we went out on the town. Our hotel is in the heart of Athens. Less than a block away from the riots. They're so cool! People are all pissy about the state of their economy so they camped out in front of the government building or whatever it is in their little tents. They have signs everywhere but the only time they protest is in the middle o the night. So it's hard to sleep but they're completely harmless. 
We went to McDonalds in Athens and it was cool. Everything is a little more expensive but it was pretty much the same. Except they give you mayonnaise and their fries are potato wedges. It's good. And I got a baby stereo that plays Black Eyed Peas in my happy meal. Yay. 
Oh my gosh. If you know me, you know how I love my lemonade. Get this: Fanta lemonade. They have it here!! It's like a combo of lemonade and sprite but 20 times better. I'm addicted to it. Seriously. 
This is my life on July 27. Adio! Love and miss y'all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment