Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Patmos to Kos to Santorini, Greece

We started off at the prison where John the Beloved was kept and where he wrote the book of revelations. It was a little cave with like one window. At least it wasn't ridiculously hot. It was sweet though. There was a service going on while we were there and we stuck around for that. I really respect everyone here and their religion because they are so devoted to it. How many people in the world are willing to go swimming in the ocean fully robed? Very few. The only kinda tan you're looking at there is a nose bridge tan. Such good people though. 
I dont know if I've mentioned it and it's kinda Kate but there are minnerettes everywhere. The religious people here have call to prayer 5 times a day and these huge towers come on with these people chanting 5 times a day. They were more prevelant in Turkey but theyre here too. It's pretty cool. 
Then we headed to the memorial thing made honor of him which was sweet. 
Then we traveled. First to Kos. The first boar we got on had like airplane seats and air conditioning. It was awesome. At Kos we ate and shopped around. I taught Caroline how to braid. That's dr. Moneys 6 year old daughter. I love her. Then we got on another boat to Santorini.
K I thought the first one was nice. Uh no. The second one was like a cruise boat. No joke. It was so nice. We were on it for 5 hours and I sat on the top deck and had a heart to heart with Todd and Maren. It was so great. Like I said, everyone is incredible. 
Then at like 1 in the a.m. I decided to go try to sleep. We sat in the airplane section of the boat but totes didn't sleep. 
So at 3 in the morning we got to Santorini.
My roommates are Danielle and morghan. Danielle is going to be 21. She got baptized at 17 and she just got called to the Conception, Chile mission. I love her. She's one of my favs and I spend a lot of time with her. She's going to make a great missionary. Morghan is freaking hilarious. We have similar senses of humor so she's really fun to be around and joke with. 
I'm so tired. And I need to brush my teeth. Eww. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment